View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2020, 01:10 AM

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...es/description

Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes keeps growing bigger and bigger, it marks the 7th most funded Kickstarter video game in the history so far (after Bloodstained, Shenmue III and others). I'm so glad I backed this game.

Only 8 days remain. There's updates every few dates, which is pretty neat. The last one featured some commentaries from music composers Motoi Sakuraba and Michiko Naruke. While Sakuraba doesn't write that much lol, it's Naruke, which really made me smile and gives me another reason, that she is one of my favorite female composers out there!

Music Spotlight

While Painter’s Easel is all about characters, in this particular update, we’d also like to focus on music. To that end, we’ve got comments from both Motoi Sakuraba and Michiko Naruke about being able to work on the project.

Motoi Sakuraba

I'm very honored to be able to be a part of this project, which is filled with the hopes and high expectations of those who have supported me and have such amazing passion for the development team. I'm looking forward to composing great music for this game and I hope to create something that will resonate with you all!

Michiko Naruke

Hi, it's nice to meet you, or to many of you, it's been a while. My name is Michiko Naruke, and I'm a composer on Eiyuden Chronicles.

When I saw the names of the creative staff who asked me to participate in the production of this game, I had to catch my breath, because those were the names of people that I had always looked up to and hoped of working with someday.

A lot of things went through my mind at lightning speed. ("Are they seriously going to offer this job to a bumbling goofball like me? I mean I'm not exactly a hip, fresh composer...") But then, I made up my mind, and thought to myself, "I have to do this!"

To be honest, I was thinking that I might never have another chance to be involved in making a JRPG again.

As I'm writing this, I'm suddenly reminded of the first time I got a job for Wild Arms, and I thought, "This is surely going to be the last time I'll ever get a job like this."

More than 20 years have passed since then... In the ever-evolving game industry, I've been struggling with the difficulty of continuing to work, but I'm still fighting the battle somehow.

I've been supported by my friends and predecessors, who talked with me to the hilt and sometimes gave me harsh words of encouragement, as well as by the many fans, who have always supported our production and given me well-chosen words of encouragement. Without them, I probably wouldn't have been able to continue.

Through the Kickstarter system, we've been able to get a strong sense of how many of you have come to love JRPGs.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who supported us in our efforts to make this game possible.

I'm a bit overwhelmed by just how high the expectations are, but I'll keep on trying (P-please root for me...).

I'm going to cherish the feeling I've been having, of making another JRPG, at every point in my life, and I'm looking forward to working with the wonderful production team.

Wish us luck!

And, last but not least...

Now in 2020, at this difficult time in the world, I'm sure there are many people who are finding it difficult to live their normal lives for a variety of reasons, including illnesses and disasters.

Some of you may be reading this from places other than your home.

Some day in the not-too-distant future, I hope you’ll be happy and through Eiyuden Chronicle, our music will connect to more of that happiness.

We’ll be hard at work in our various offices and homes doing our best to make music that you will fully enjoy.

Hopefully during difficult times, you can remember how hard we are working and that can bring you a little bit of joy.

Let's go through this together.

Also, there is an interesting idea from creator Murayama-san himself, namely the ending theme

Ending Theme, Featuring You!

As you’ve seen, this week we unveiled our first fan participation selection via the ongoing Character 109 Backer Vote. We’re not done, though! When Murayama-san said one of his core reasons for coming to Kickstarter was to collaborate with his fans, he meant it.

Here’s a message from Murayama-san himself:

“Thank you for sending so many requests and ideas for Eiyuden Chronicle. We've decided to take those great ideas and turn them into an exciting event.”

To that end, we are happy to announce that we will be looking to gather a sample of a single phrase from the song, sung by our backers, that will later be edited into the game’s Ending Theme. We know some people might be skeptical about this, but we ask you to have faith in our ability as creators to not only choose the right voices, but to masterfully...FIX IT IN POST!

All joking aside, this is something we really want to do with the backers. We are currently discussing how to make this happen with the two composers who have agreed to participate in the project, Mr. Motoi Sakuraba and Ms. Michiko Naruke.

This is something symbolic of not only the fact that this game exists because of the backers, but also the diversity that we are focused on. After all, “You Are the World!”

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Aug 21, 2020 at 12:17 PM.