View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2013, 06:51 AM
Trusted Editor

I don't see the point of adding lyrics to the database. There are sites that, quite frankly, just do it better. There'd be a serious issue with accuracy and validation -- almost all lyric sites have incorrect lyrics and I'd rather not wastes our already precious Trusted Editors+ time with validating lyrics. It's also harder, if not impossible, for those of us that aren't native speakers to add them, unless the lyrics are provided in the inserts and we're bored enough to do kanji lookup for 3+ paragraphs worth of lyrics. Vocal songs are also primarily an anime thing, not a game thing (although there is crossover). Even if it were to be allowed, you'd have to have added field(s) for it and you'd have to have added html and sql work for it. I don't even know if it's realistically possible to provide a lyrics field input method without having data at the track level instead of the album level, which we don't have. In a perfect world, you'd be able to click a vocal song and it would popup a nice jscript mouseover or click page with the kanji side-by-side with the romaji and the English but that's a lot of work.

tldr: Developer efforts are better spent elsewhere, although I don't see the problem if you want to throw them in a spoiler or code tag in the respective album thread(s), but that's up to the site administration