View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gackerjr View Post
Mostly by ear. I initially looked at a tab for the original theme from the game, which are pretty readily available, but as you might suspect, this version includes a lot of accompaniment and parts that simply are not in the original. One trick I use to help with the faster parts is to slow the song down to 50%. It makes the notes more distinguishable. Part of it is also just playing for a long time. You get to recognize patterns by their sounds and can more quickly pinpoint the correct notes. And, as you probably noticed, I'm not perfect. I was definitely off in a few areas.
Well, looks like I've got my work cut out for me. Visually memorising where all the frets etc are by heart is hard enough, but it seems like I'll have to aurally memorise it too (if I want to make my own guitar tabs or at least, play songs that don't have tablature for it).

Quote:
That's really cool. I played the original Rocksmith and thought it'd be a great learning tool for someone starting out on guitar.
I'd say the best thing about it is the Guitarcade (though it does still have some flaws). What should be grinding (getting to "know" the guitar you are holding) becomes fun and the Guitarcade might convince someone who is considering giving up to give it a second chance. If you break your previous score, that means you are improving, and nothing helps motivation than proof that you are improving.

Quote:
Way back in the day I did a bunch of renditions of music from the Castlevania series (mostly the original Castlevania and Simon's Quest). The recording quality was crap, but they are very interesting pieces musically.
I haven't really properly explored any Castlevania/Akumajou Dracula tunes yet but "The Silence of Daylight" (town theme) which I did try, seems doable for me. I'd also love to try the "The Forest of Monsters" (second stage) from Castlevania 4/Akumajou Dracula - the bass part is simply awesome.

Quote:
I tried asking him for the MIDI for FF6, but got no response. That's probably a longshot. I'm not familiar with the song, but if you shoot me a link to it (and also the karaoke version) I can take a listen and see if it's something I could quickly figure out.
Seems like the poster below you has kindly taken care of your request. As for mine, I don't have a link but I'll upload the tune to my web host later. It's basically a pure guitar song through and through.