View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuxer View Post
What's wrong with SEGA? For 20 years we've been waiting for Sonic OST's from the original series and we get this; like the SA OST isn't incomplete enough and cut in an odd way, we now get a "best of" release. Shame on you SEGA.

With all the past WaveMaster releases of music from the Mega Drive, one would hope that the OST's we've been waiting for so long will be released, although I wouldn't be surprised if this is the only music item we'll get for the 20th anniversary.
I think you might be jumping out at conclusions too early. I'm convinced this won't be the only album to be released (on april already?); they will most surely release other related albums throughout the following months leading up to the grand finale in june.
That said, not reprinting the full soundtrack is a bad and inexcusable move. It's not like they would have licensing problems with it or anything (I'd understand for Sonic 3 with the blurry MJ credits stuff, but not this one). I'm guessing they will release SA2 as well, probably also summed up, and maybe Heroes, but I don't think they will reprint any other recent ones.

Indeed a box ala OutRun would be just too much for my heart to handle. Just imagine: Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, 3D, CD and the relevant GG/MS versions. If they could do it with After Burner and OutRun, I'm sure they can here too. I only hope that the music from Sonic 3 supposedly done by the MJ team doesn't derive into any kind of licensing problem, like in the Daytona Box.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!