View Single Post
Old Oct 24, 2015, 01:29 AM
VGMdb Advisor

True about Hatsushiba (more exactly Sakuraba calls him the "programmer in charge of the driver").

Sakuraba does say that, and Tamura says nothing.
Q: "After the SFC version ToP was ported to various hardware, but were you involved in the porting?"
S: "No. Just 'handed over(?)' the data." [the scan is tiny but I think that's the verb]
I guess it's possible they just forgot. The miscredit Sakuraba for the FIGHTING arrange and nobody blinks an eye, after all.

Let's see the ToP PS liner notes (LQ version)
Spoiler:
Sound creator: Toshiyuki Takizawa
* blah blah

Music: Motoi Sakuraba
* This time, for the remake of the PS version the hardest thing was, in addition of having lots of songs, not knowing which was what. It's quite irresponsable for me to say that, but I was in the situation of not knowing which ones were my songs. Plus, they were composed long before, so after hearing them again I found myself getting embarrased and thinking "I was doing that?", and had quite complicated feelings about it.
So I look forward to these remaked songs by the sound creator Takizawa.

Music: Shinji Tamura
* It was been about 5 years since TOP SFC. I feel it was the first big job in game music I was involved.
This time for the CD, when digging up and listening again I had many "I should have done that here" and thinking "maybe I've grown up a bit" while being embarrased, and such complicated feelings.
This time, we have lyrics for Arche's song, and Arche (Mika Kanai) sang it. Originally it wasn't composed as a song so I was worried and looking forward to how it'd turn out. Anyway, I'd be happy if when you listen to TOP's songs they (?) various feelings.

Programmer: Tatsuro Udo
Graphics: dude 1
Graphics: dude 2
Sales: dude 3

I not sure that implies they were involved in the PS version (the wording is very ambiguous), but take that as you will.