View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
Perhaps the most leitmotivic game soundtrack since Final Fantasy VI is "plain and typical"? Sure, ok then.

Maybe you'll change your mind once you finish the game, because there's a LOT going on beyond "typical JRPG music" (Once you finish the game I suggest watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgzJey4EAc -- but really NOT until you finish the game)
The presence of theme and motive by itself does not make a soundtrack less typical than others. I'm not sure what you're point is. If you're comparing it to the quality of FF6, that's a surprising position I would be interested in hearing you defend.

Judging by the tracklist, I've already heard the majority of the OST--all the way through track 11 of disc 2. So unless those remaining 8 tracks are legendarily life-changing, I feel safe in betting that Revo's style doesn't suddenly change at the 80% mark. I've about had my fill of the same three underbaked dungeon themes, the formulaic battle themes, and the embarrassingly cliche world map theme, not to mention the other, even less remarkable BGM.