View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:18 PM

I somewhat agree with that. For the most part, if someone really wants to post what they think about something, then they will, and if they don't want to, then they won't. Agreed, 100%. In Vert's defense I don't think he was trying to tell people what to post, but just trying to incite interest in talking about the music itself by sharing his interest in doing so.

But going hand-in-hand with what Datschge said, I think that because the forums on this website are primarily used to discuss factual details about soundtracks, people may not feel comfortable posting their thoughts in the same threads that facilitate those factual discussions. So if there's a section people can go specifically to post their thoughts, they might do so because they know that posting their opinion has been warranted and they'll take comfort in the security that they won't post their opinion in a thread only to have it overtaken by factual discussions; they may feel their opinions are validated. It still might not generate a huge amount of posts, but I'm not sure that's the only important part of creating a new section for it. Maybe it's as Blitz Lunar said, and that one reason people haven't posted their thoughts on music is because they didn't think it was acceptable, so to speak. Or, maybe we'll create a section that pretty much won't get used

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
Would you guys be interested in some sort of mechanism to separate technical vs. music discussions? Different threads, post filtering, or something? Maybe even promote well written posts to the album page itself?
Could you possibly do a sub-forum thing, like we have for album/product discussions? Or, would it deserve its own forum altogether? I'm just thinking in terms of what we do now, where we can be checking out a soundtrack's page and decide "Hey, I want to post my thoughts on this", and bam, we can do it from right there. That's pretty nice.