View Single Post
Old May 7, 2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
Would you guys be interested in some sort of mechanism to separate technical vs. music discussions? Different threads, post filtering, or something? Maybe even promote well written posts to the album page itself?
Great question! I think that this would be a great additional feature to the database! I love music, being a fan of so many different genres, with VGM being a top favorite. It's fun learning/knowing the facts of a soundtrack's release like who composed it, when it was composed, how long the tracks are, etc. This website, ever since I discovered it, has been an extremely valuable tool for me. There simply is no place on the net quite like it. As a side note, I personally love talking about this stuff, from technical to general topics. I find VGM soundtracks very cool and unique to talk about.

I have actually bought a soundtrack because someone said a particular soundtrack or track off of an album was good. Even if I didn't have, play, or like the game it went to. I have soundtracks in my collection that I bought for numerous reasons, I played/didn't play the game, a certain composer, certain era, or in this case some one told me/said something was good. I am fine with something like this being incorporated into the database!