View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:05 AM
Trusted Editor

I'm not a market analyst but I'm also not the one trying to defend the 300$ price tag. Country of origin no longer makes a difference with the advent of middleman services like Shopping Mall Japan, so yes, the average ending prices on Yahoo! Japan are accurate current prices for it. There are no longer major barriers between the Japanese market and the American market like there were 20, 10 years ago, and that is the only reason they fetched such ridiculous prices.

The first site notes, again, the insane asking prices on eBay that it used to go for.
The second site is a review that is 10 years old
The third site is a site dedicated to Castlevania and I know that review is well over 8 years old because I know the original author (and site owner).

I'm not doing any crazy market analysis, I'm taking current list prices and extrapolating. You, on the other hand, are taking 10 year old outlier data and drawing conclusions from them. The cd is rare, no one is arguing that. The cd is not worth 300$ anymore, not in Japan, not in the US, and the only way you're going to fetch that ridiculous price tag is if you find someone with a really big pocket who just doesn't care, or if you find someone who is just as misinformed as you are.