View Single Post
Old Aug 5, 2012, 02:24 AM

Default FVBG-2001: Hyper Game Music Event 2007 Extra: The Live DVD

Quote:
Nakamura: I’m sorry for delayed release of EXTRA Live CD Volume 2 and the DVD. We are still in the process of improving the quality.
http://www.originalsoundversion.com/...ame-music-fan/

Since this DVD was announced and planned (I assume at least one person was there with a video camera to record it), then canceled, does there exist, by any chance, videos of the performances anywhere?

At the very least, I would love to watch my two favourite tracks: THE PHOENIXION -Extra Mix- (From "Culdcept Saga") (featuring Yoshitaka Hirota on bass guitar, and Kyoko Kishikawa the "voice performer" recently heard on the Seiken Densetsu Arrange Album) from Hyper Game Music Event 2007 EXTRA The Live Album Vol.1 and Subarashiki Shin Sekai Early Instrumental Version (Namco x Capcom vocal song by Yuzo Koshiro) from Extra - Official Compilation.

For the latter, there is also a live vocal version rather than just instrumental:

Quote:
Yuzo Koshiro: Actually, I only wrote the opening and ending vocal themes for Namco X Capcom, and other people did the arrangements. For Extra: Hyper Game Music Event, the singer Flair performed my music live. It is a great memory of mine. It was the first time that my music was performed live in such a setting, though, so I was very nervous.
http://squareenixmusic.com/features/...okoshiro.shtml

Since the live vocal version isn't on any existing album, I'm guessing it is an unreleased track from the "Extra - Official Compilation" live event, or it was performed at a different event, which may have been included on the canceled Hyper Game Music Event Vol. 2 album.

Quote:
OSV: Tell us your predictions for the EXTRA – HYPER GAME MUSIC EVENT moving forward. Will we continue to see the annual event? How do you suspect it will grow in the coming years?
Nakamura: I want to continue EXTRA as a yearly event. I don’t know what will happen in the future, but I want to make an event that the composers and fans can enjoy with new surprises and discoveries. I would like to ask your continuous help and support. Many thanks to all of you.
Well, that's too bad...

Last edited by layzee; Aug 5, 2012 at 02:30 AM.