View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2012, 08:21 AM

Heh, I don't really consider myself an expert. I think it's more subjective, from listener-to-listener. I don't even have software to look at the waveforms (I only assess the loudness using the replaygain tools), most of my examples were just from listening experience. I'm happy enough with my current set-ups to judge stuff now, I literally don't trust my own opinions from a couple years ago.

To be honest, before I knew about the loudness wars, I assumed my own hearing and ability to actually enjoy music were deserting me. So that is why I am borderline paranoid about production on albums now. I can always refer back to the CD's I listed above to make sure my hearing and sense of musical pleasure are not deserting me.

Most of the discussion here seems to be on individual albums, translations and who-composed-what (I'm more of the "listen-first, ask who did the stuff later" listener), so I only make infrequent visits to the forums. I do see a lot of familiar faces in the VGM fan community though.

Last edited by GoldfishX; Jul 23, 2012 at 08:31 AM.