View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1
Yasuhisa Watanabe's Senko no Ronde series music sounds very good too. Are you open to people sending you files to assess their quality? (There is one track that causes my physical discomfort on IBARA I'd like to send http://vgmdb.net/forums/showpost.php...54&postcount=7)
There's a track on Tobal No. 1, "Vice", that has an approx. 15kHz tone going the entire time. I'm thinking about slapping on a permanent low-pass filter on that one, as much as I hate to.

The original release of the Vagrant Story soundtrack sounds phenomenal. I never heard the reprint, but I've heard it wasn't nearly as good.

Persona 4 comes to mind as a recent pop/rock-flavored score that is very well-produced.

Mitsuda's work was already mentioned, but I'll throw in three of his best from a production standpoint, Kirite, Moonlit Shadow, and Colours of Light (the song compilation, entirely remixed and remastered).

Also, the notorious Chrono Trigger: The Brink of Time album, think what you will of its arrangements, has some pretty good production values (aside from an obviously thin string section).

VGM piano CDs are hit and miss in the recording department, but they're usually reasonably mastered.

The Dragon Quest Symphonic Suites from the 90s recorded with the London Philharmonic are mastered like classical music, so they are entirely uncompressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishX
Lufia 1 and 2
Did anyone else here notice that Lufia 1's music is all out of tune? That is, it's not in tune with the standard scale. It's off by about half a step or so (a quarter tone). I wish I could say that my perfect pitch let me hear this, but it was actually just me trying to figure out what key one of the tracks was in.

Last edited by Xenofan 29A; Jul 23, 2012 at 09:15 AM.