View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenofan 29A View Post
Did anyone else here notice that Lufia 1's music is all out of tune? That is, it's not in tune with the standard scale. It's off by about half a step or so (a quarter tone). I wish I could say that my perfect pitch let me hear this, but it was actually just me trying to figure out what key one of the tracks was in.
I feel like this happens with lots of SNES music, although I don't know for sure. I always just figured it had to do with production of the instrument samples.

Oh, I suppose I should contribute something to this thread. Xenofan mentioned the Dragon Quest albums. I can't think of much else off the top of my head that stands out. For as involved I am in composition and arrangement and VGM in general, I don't pay too much attention to mastering/mixing/that sort of thing. Not really my specialty (which is plainly evident if you've sat through one of my compositions...).

So, uh, hmm. Napple Tale maybe? Nobunaga's Ambition Tenshouki, definitely. Bomberman 64. Moon (1997). NiGHTS? Sure. Racing Lagoon to some extent... no idea how they got that kind of bass out of the PSOne. Uncharted Waters 2 SE. That lame bonus soundtrack disc that came with Rhapsody. Anything featuring Masashi Hamauzu's music played on a real piano. Shenmue. The non-CD versions of Terran music from SC2.