View Single Post
Old Apr 30, 2012, 01:26 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vert1 View Post
A lot of tracks played backwards I've found sound like crap, so I only post ones that I like and think are worth someone's time to listen to.
I have a problem with that. Because you're effectively deciding here what is worth my time. My opinion on this "backward listening" approach is that it's a complete waste of time. It's _not_ worth my time. It's not even worth replying to the topic. That's my opinion, so you don't have to share it.

However what you now do is creating this thread, trying to force some discussion. At least I think there's plenty of discussion going round in the forums. Probably it's just that these discussions don't interest _you_. It's like for me with the "backward listening" stuff.

Quote:
As far as the subjectivity issue, the whole point of discussion is to share ideas with people who probably are of different opinions and experiences.
Maybe people can just be happy with their music, without having to drop something into a discussion board?

A german cabaret artist once said (bad translation by me):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter Nuhr
The people have misunderstood this thing about democracy. You can have an opinion on everything. But you don't have to... So if you don't have a clue, you should just shut the fuck up.
Sometimes less is more, so to speak

Quote:
You're not trying to convince people they are wrong for not liking FF7 ost. At least that's not really helpful. You can explain why you don't like it beyond a "I don't like it" and perhaps even recommend things you like instead.
The problem is see here, is that you're the one who actually wants something. You want people to write down their thoughts on the music, so that you can read/reply/whatever to them. But that's now how things work. You can't just drop this "rant" here (while implying by the last sentence (Aren't people interested in talking about music?) that people are not interested) and wait for something to happen. You have to initiate the discussion yourself.