View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2016, 07:03 AM

Greetings and saluations fellow S.S.H. fans.

2 topics today.

First on the agenda is that my website has a new page - a hypothetical S.S.H. interview. If given the opportunity, what would you ask him? Here's a few of mine so far:

Quote:
S.S.H. Hypothetical Interview

Could you briefly tell the story of your childhood, your upbringing, your history, and your discovery of music?

Musically speaking, who or what (musicians and/or bands) would you consider your biggest influences?

The "Metal Max" series is a game franchise you seem to be particularly fond of (and one that is almost completely foreign to Western/non-Japanese audiences) - you have casually referred to it several times as well as arranged some of its music. What is it about the games and its soundtracks that you find interesting?

In 2004, you composed and arranged the soundtrack for the Sega Ages Gain Ground game (Sony PlayStation 2). What was the experience like, working on a Sega product? For your own original contributions (i.e. the "extra game" music), did they make any particular demands or were you mainly left to your own devices?

Although "Forgotten Ruins" is technically regarded as an original (mini) album, you mention that you envisioned an associated "8-bit cyberpunk 3D dungeon game". "Digital Devil Monogatari: Megami Tensei" - how close was my guess?

You may be excel at arranging Touhou music but are you any good at Danmaku (Bullet Curtain/Hell) games?

To the Western/non-Japanese world, you are nameless and faceless, to the extent that some still refer to you as "that S.S.H. "band" that does some awesome heavy metal game tunes", unaware that "S.S.H." is a person. May I ask why you are shrouded in mystery?
If you think you might have any questions worth asking, feel free to post and I'll add them.

Second on the agenda is S.S.H.'s website where he has officially announced a new Touhou arrange album (I confess that I haven't heard the second Touhou Medley album yet): http://www.ssh.ne.jp/index.php/archives/748

He also writes that he wants to "let you know" about "something else", hopefully "within the year", though he is unsure if the "preparations" will be concluded "in time" before the "end of the year".

Needless to say, that is quite vague. I would like to take a guess though. We will refer to S.S.H.'s Twitter account, to a particular tweet: https://twitter.com/SSH_SAITAMA/stat...20388580483073

On the 7th of August 2016, he tweets his regret that he was unable to publish a non-Vocaloid original vocal album during summer (June to August in Japan). Nevertheless, he hopes for an August release (September to November). That obviously didn't happen. The next season is Winter, which covers December to February.

So that's my prediction: a new original album soon from S.S.H. Also, let's look at the release dates of his first original album (Forgotten Ruins in August 2014) and second (Click & Metal in December 2015). If history is of any indication, the time is ripe for a new album late 2016/early 2017.

Also could I mention that it's been almost a year since Click & Metal's release, and my enthusiasm for that album has not dropped one iota.