View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
Aren't scans also copyright protected? :P

Also, I wonder what would be the case of providing only fan translated lyrics, I think those would be copyright protected for the translators if I recall correctly. Still, having lyrics here would be good.
I agree with Razakin. I laughed at "best to be safe," because you are safe now. Folks tend to forget that the whole album, as a product, is copyrighted. Not only the data stored on the disks falls under such thing. One isn't allowed to "broadcast nor stream" any part of the product, without the proper authorization.

Do some fear that some label, or any copyright agent could come here to request a removal of lyrics? Well, here's something which you should finally consider: they can already do that for most of the cover/booklet/disk label scans which this website is allegedly hosting.

I honestly don't see the harm in trying to allow lyrics here, too... and if something bad happens, I'd say "cross that bridge when it comes," you don't seem to have a problem with the hosting of scans, regardless of what they may bring.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440

Last edited by ilef; Sep 8, 2013 at 12:44 AM.