View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2014, 01:04 PM

First Listening Impression
Are you sure you didn't mean Trailer Music? Because that's the vibe I'm getting...and that isn't a bad thing! I really like this and would like to hear more of your work.

Additional Listening
Are you by chance a fan of Sakimoto's music? I ask because your composition slowly builds up (I'm reminded of Sakimoto's "FFXII Boss Theme's "); however, what you do at 1:28 - 1:52 is incredibly deceptive. Here I was hoping for something bombastic, but instead greeted with this very pretty music. The very soothing music and instrument-drop outs at 1:52 actually remind me somewhat of Sakimoto's Final Fantasy Tactic's mission theme, "Decisive Battle" (@~1:32).

Critical Listening
After an hour of listening, I'm starting to hear less of what you call a boss theme and hearing more of a dynamic stage/battle track in a forest/jungle area. I'll do my best to describe what I envision when listening to this track; however, I must dissect this track and rearrange it (in Audacity)to better suit the following narrative, so here's the track literally re-arranged so you may follow along to what I hear and see: jb_cb_ca!bbt_01
  1. 00:00 - 00:43 As you enter the forest, you are greeted with vivid shades of greens, both tranquil and exotic. From the distance, there wanders the wild life and possible enemies.
  2. 00:43 - 1:06 Of course, with that in mind, this place is both beautiful and dangerous.
  3. 01:09 - 02:18 Loop of prior musical ideas.
  4. 02:18 - 02:43 An enemy approaches.
  5. 02:46 - 03:25 Fight ensues.
  6. 03:25 - 04:37 Music intensifies and fluctuates
  7. 04:37 - 0E:ND The battle ends and the journey through the forest/jungle continues.

What I'm reminded of is the Forest Dungeon Theme from the .hack// game series, "dgn03 Common Forest Field ~ Battle".