View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2015, 12:28 AM

Hey, it's cool, we both have our opinions. At least you recognized somewhere in there that I don't think Sakuraba is a bad composer

Honestly though, I'm not surprised you responded that way. Your posts in here have all but worshipped Sakuraba as an actual God among men so it seems you think he can do incredibly little wrong. You do make a good point about his ability to do different styles, yet I still stand by my opinion. Personally, I feel the stuff here is stale. I listened to it once and was tired of it all before the songs ended my first time ever through them. That's just my honest reaction to them. Why? Because I hear all the same Star Ocean / Valkyrie Profile / Baten Kaitos music, which in general is stale. Also, Tales of ___ music is stale as well. Sure, the style is (slightly) different from the games I listed, but within the series all the music sounds SO MUCH the same to me.

So... yeah, not seeing how my perception of how gravely similar all of his music is and therefore calling it samey makes me rude. Sorry if I used a somewhat negative word to describe what I believe is a very talented composer's shortcoming. And I say somewhat negative because what he writes actually isn't bad music (and as I said before and you acknowledged, I know that). He could be doing a lot worse stuff over and over again - at least he's reproducing a really good sound I just think it's stale, that's all.