View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2015, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datschge View Post
Bashing Sakuraba is more popular than praising him
Hate to revisit something I complained about earlier but this strikes me as a bit rude :< Saying this seems like an attempt to discredit those with that opinion of him, as if they're just saying it to jump on some sort of bandwagon. I know I'm only giving my honest opinion of what I hear from him, as I'm sure others are when they voice such a viewpoint as well. Also, doesn't that kind of say something about his music? I mean, you don't see nearly as many people saying that about Sakimoto, Mitsuda, and other "big-name" composers who write a lot of soundtracks and whose styles don't vary all that much. If you see so many people say it so specifically about Sakuraba...

To me, it has always seemed like there is a completely polarized 50/50 for Sakuraba, and it struck me as funny that Eriksharp and I basically represent each side of that group. I have seen people talk about Sakuraba like he is the holy savior of VGM and I have seen people talk about him like if you've heard one soundtrack you've heard them all. Sakuraba has always been a bit of a mystery to me in that way - every composer has his divide of fans, but the strength of the divide seems stronger with Sakuraba than with any other composer.