View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2009, 04:36 AM

I can't believe the mystery has finally been revealed officially. It always struck me as odd that part of the Sonic 3 soundtrack was clearly different in style to the music of Sonic & Knuckles, and even other songs in the same game (also the difference in music staff was kinda shocking, with Sonic 3 having a wide team of people with completely unknown aliases).
After the rumors of M.J.'s implication in the project started to arise years ago, coupled with the fact that the Carnival Night, Icecap and Launch Base Zones got their music replaced in the Sonic & Knuckles collection for the PC, you could see some very suspicious level candidates there...

It's kinda weird he would stop working on the music for the game because of limited hardware; Moonwalker for both AC and MD were already around for some time. One theory people usually comment on, is that when he was working on the game, the child abuse scandal broke out and SEGA quickly set him off the project fearing a negative impact on the game because of bad press.
That we'll never know, but it's very nice to finally have some confirmation on this longtime "myth" of the Sonic community.

Thanks lots for sharing, dma.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!

Last edited by Kewing; Dec 2, 2009 at 04:52 AM.