View Single Post
Old Jan 23, 2012, 09:18 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Someone I know was having problems parsing the composer info here, so I reorganized the notes a bit. Hopefully it's a little more readable now.

Makoto Tomozawa was previous credited for Vava 1 & 2 from MMX (1.05 & 1.06) based on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
Makoto Tomozawa: Vava 1, Vava 2, Demo, Sigma Stage 3, Ending
-Vava 1 and Vava 2 confirmed via Rockman Zero 3's Scrapped Beat [Tomozawa given composition credit, but was not credited for "Music" in-game, but rather "Special Thanks"]. They all share the same four note melody.
I have removed both credits for now. Vava 1 is a totally different melody from Scrapped Beat; those intervals just aren't remotely close to being the same. Vava 2 is kind of similar, in that both are based on a four whole note descending figure, but Vava 2's melody has decorations while Scrapped Beat's is just the notes, and Vava 2's modulates while Scrapped Beat's just stays the same. It could definitely be an intentional reference, but basing composition on only a similar four note figure is weak.

The sources for the specific composition credits are spread out in a couple of different threads, so I'll collect 'em here for convenience.

MMX1:

Quote:
Setsuo Yamamoto:

-Zero confirmed via Rockman Zero's Theme of Zero [originally composed by Setsuo Yamamoto; additional composition by Ippo Yamada]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnX View Post
According to this:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Playtown-...8/cd-x1-6.html
Setsuo did Opening Stage, Armadillo, Sigma Stage 1 and Sigma Rebirth.
Quote:
-Third paragraph, first sentence confirms Opening Stage.
-Third paragraph, fourth sentence confirms Armor Armarge and Sigma Stage 1.
-Third paragraph, last sentence refers to "Last Boss Sigma" and "Intro for Sigma Form," so I think it refers to Sigma 1st and Sigma 2nd as well as Sigma Rebirth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
OKeijiDragon: What kinds of ideas did you had when making the Mega Man X soundtrack? Also, which tracks did you compose for that game?

nextf: And I composed StormEagleed and SparkMandriller.

MMX3:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter
OKeijiDragon: Did you work on the Mega Man X3 PlayStation version, however? The soundtrack CD says you worked on it.

nextf: I've just rememberd that I compose X3's OP Movie's music for oversea.

Additional material: http://www.dashrepublic.org/2012/03/...usic-composer/

OKD: By the way, you worked on the PlayStation version of X3 while working on Biohazard correct, based on the release dates?

Tomozawa: Yes, but I had to compose only 1 music for X3 so I could compose [BioHazard].

OKD: That is to say, you did not work on the SNES version of X3, but the PlayStation version?

Tomozawa: Yes. I only composed [the] OP movie’s BGM [for the] overseas version.

Last edited by CHz; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:59 PM.