View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Well, since I understand the main feature of these concept albums is "vocalist + vgm composer" I don't think it's too fair to have only Mitose there (same with Tindharia, though Forest of glass is ok since Sakuraba was alone), if it was a solo album/single where the vocalist matters more I guess it'd be ok.
I for one don't think VGM composers matter less in a solo album/single than a concept album (although who matters is subjective). I agree we probably can't call Mitose as the only noteworthy contributor of this album, but it's rather like there being more artists who can also represent the whole product than the product in question being a concept album, and it should be determined on a case-by-case basis. For instance, I think it's fine to add only Shimotuki to Tindharia (and Griotte, for that matter) because [ / Haruka Shimotsuki] is explicitly printed on the obi scan. I wouldn't say how the scan states is absolute, though, because I don't want to see Kato's name on KiRite.

Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to argue with you, since we're in agreement that the removal is better. I just tend to think it's on ground that the addition of artist names is expected to serve as the mark mostly for typical J-Pop CDs which relatively fewer people would be interest in, and not for some non-VGM albums from VGM composers like this entry.