View Single Post
Old May 14, 2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
FWIW my position is still that all fan arrangement albums should be classified the same way (whether that's as Doujin/Indie or with a new mechanism) so they can easily be grouped/filtered/etc., and if we care about documenting whether something is licensed or not, then we should have something explicitly for that instead of overloading Release Type.
Glad to hear I'm not alone in this belief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
The completely nonsensical distinction between "Commercial" and "Doujin/Indie" (which extends beyond this issue, doujin-published original soundtracks should technically also be set to Commercial lmao) has been discussed and brought up repeatedly over nearly decade at this point, and nothing's been done about it so far ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Prior art: this thread that specifically concerns that field, and this thread starting at post 81
Given that my post raises no new consideration beyond the prior art, it seems safe to assume that if nothing happened last time, nothing will happen this time either Though consider this one more vote in favor of making a change here.