View Single Post
Old May 13, 2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
Yes it is. You can't call your copy "complete" without the reg. card as it was part of the original package. Simple as that. But each to his own.
Sure, but you're missing my point, which was that not everyone cares whether their copy is complete to a molecular material degree. By the same complete package preservation logic, the plastic wrap enclosing an album, and any stickers on the wrap, are also part of the original package, and losing that makes your copy incomplete as well. You have to draw the line somewhere, and for most people, that's going to be from a completeness of package design perspective, which reg cards (and plastic wrap) don't factor into.
Like I said, obis have some inherent presentation value, as do other package bonuses like slipcases or themed swag. If you happen to find registration cards interesting and fun to collect, go for it. I'm just saying it shouldn't be surprising that for some people, the cards don't add anything to the product except a penny's worth of extra shipping weight.