View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2010, 04:19 PM

Anosou, I don't know why this didn't hit me but Grandia (the original) is a GREAT game to look into. The town themes definitely represents their local

A good town them in Grandia that is the Scottish feeling bag-piping town theme of "The Port town Parm". The track uses bagpipes, stand-up Bass and clanking of pipes. The percussion int he back resembles that of tin/trash cans. There are also seagull layered in with the track, giving that "port town" feeling in it. Anything to note is the busyness of the track. One instrument, the horn (french horn), is heard in certain intervals and usually gives the feeling of adventure or the beginning of an adventure.

Later on you encounter tribal villages that use foreign instruments like the Gamelan. Another village that uses vocal track that chants.

This may be odd...but also look on youtube for playlists of only town themes, which people actually do. That will be a grand help. they are all RPG town themes too most of the times.. here's a playlist for ya.

If you decided to go past 6th generation systems, I would recommend Eternal Sonata (Trusty Bell), Infinite Undiscovery. I also know you said only RPGs, but Look into Sonic Unleashed at least.It was released to the PS2, so it counts as a 6th gen game. Do let me know if there are any more questions. I have soundtracks lying around and music I still remember from my gaming past that could help out when needed.

Last edited by Rhythmroo; Jul 28, 2010 at 04:24 PM.