View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2015, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamutZ View Post
I am surprised SEGA never remade this game for XBLA or whatever. Seems like it would do well and not many have played it.
You're right- too few people have played this. By the time Saga released the Saturn was dead in the West so its three print runs were extremely limited (30,000 total). And pre release neither Team Andromeda nor Sega had any idea they had a classic on their hands. From what I've read the original code for Saga was lost during a restructuring at Sega. Worse, by all accounts it likely no longer exists. Even the unlockabke original Panzer Dragoon in Orta is a port of the PC version. Series director Yukio Futatsugi expressed interest when asked about a modern version for today's consoles, though added he would not be the one to do it- citing the incredibly difficult development process of Saga. The Saturn was cumbersome to develop games for and emulation is still unsuccessful. In other words: it's highly unlikely we'll ever see a rerelease.

If that ever miraculously does happen I'm going to reappear on this thread and post how much better Panzer Dragoon Saga always has been than same era RPG Final Fantasy VII. It'll be worth all the backlash I'll get if 1% of those people actually finds out for themselves. Come at me fanboys!

And that, my friends, will give them a new soundtrack to talk about.

Retro Gamer's Top 100 Games of All Time voting now open!
http://www.retrogamer.net/blog_post/...e-voting-open/

Last edited by waxattax; Jun 1, 2015 at 05:15 AM.