View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:36 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
If that's the case, then consider me disappointed. Wasn't the album supposed to be an arrange album specific to the Chrono Cross game? I don't really see the need to cover CT here, especially since CC has such an abundance of interesting (from an arranging perspective) tracks. There's so much material here that simply needs to be arranged/remixed/reinterpreted -- in particular when taking into account that they're going with the celtic approach again (which I extrapolate from the announcement). I mean the material is just perfect for that. Take e.g. "Termina: Another" or "Marbule: Home" and imagine an interpretation in the style of Lahan from CREID -- how awesome would that be?

And while I see that covering the entire OST is impossible for an arrange album and that you have to make a selection of some sort, I just can't understand why you would want to do this split.

Also we already have an 'official' CT arrange album, which is The Brink of Time. IMHO the focus should be solely on CC here, since this is the one that is often overlooked (which I guess is due to the game, not the music).

The only reason I see for doing this split thingy is that mentioning CT generates sales.
Or could be that Mitsuda realized that Cross doesn't have much good tracks so he needed to bring Trigger to the party too. :P

(and will fun to see the meltdowns if this album is horrible, but I really do hope it won't be)