View Single Post
Old Nov 3, 2012, 02:44 PM

Oh, well, I agree with Celceta being a weak version of previous Ys soundtrack remakes, but not so much about the Felghana bit They're not trying to legitimize it with real instruments or even realistic sounding synths; VGM is entitled to being performed with whatever instrument suits it, whether it's a sound chip or a philharmonic orchestra. I just dislike the stuff that doesn't even sound like it comes from a game.

I don't own a single "mainstream" or "band" CD (whatever you want to call it), nor could I name but a few songs that bands have done, and it's because that music just doesn't interest me. I also don't own a single film score soundtrack. I hear so much of all that stuff around friends and family, and I remember none of it because it doesn't strike me as inspirational or even interesting. But if I hear fully acoustic game music, it doesn't mean it's not game music - one of my favorite VGM soundtracks of all time is Soul Calibur III - it's all this "folk prog" and "movie score" shit that can take a hike. I'm not disputing your opinion of Felghana, I'm just not a believer that it's trying to "sell out" to audiences outside of VGM by using more modern sounds. My favorite statement: "This song must be good because even my non-VGM friends all liked it." RAAAAAGE. But I don't feel Felghana is trying to do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidAcid View Post
We should make a sticky thread so that Hellacia doesn't need to remind us in every single thread about his intense dislike of Soukagi, Saga Frontier, etc.
I sense some fanboy rage. Also SaGa Frontier is my favorite VGM soundtrack of all time so it's not only fanboy rage, it's inaccurate drivel hahahaha