View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2020, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
It's a bit light to trust a translation of only 2 albums by the Japanese... So you admit that your translation of "Hit Collection” is not a good translation for "ヒット曲集" finally?
No, I can only admit that Hit Song Collection is not a good translation. This because "曲" means "piece of music" and not "song". So "ヒット曲" "Hit Piece of music" can simply be translated as "Hit".

So for me "Hit Collection" is a good translation. The other option is to use "Hit Songs" as Columbia does it in two (or more) albums.

Quote:
For this title, I admit that it bothers me less. First because the display title is kept short, but also because "For Ever Series" is written on the front cover; but mainly because this album contains new BGM compared to the 1st album released (CQ-7038).
...there are many others examples where the series plays a main role.

Quote:
Because the most important thing remains for me to indicate and favor the name of the anime in the first line.

I'm not the only one who submitted the albums this way, and before you edit the display titles, apparently it doesn't bother staff and other users.

The other lines are also used to put keywords (just like the series names) that can be found with the search engine by users.
There are many titles where I added the series and I think many users have appreciated it.

Quote:
Maybe you also prefer to have the name of the series in the first line because you classify your albums by series in your collection? And so finally it remains only a question of personal taste?
it is not a matter of personal taste but of a matter of order.

Quote:
Given the large number of Animex 1200 CDs, I'm just saying that you have to think carefully before adding or not the name of the series in the display title, and editing all.
Before to edit the large "ANIMEX 1200" series i've edited the smallest "ANIMEX 1300" series for the first 10 titles. And only after a pause, with no contraidications, I contined the work that I realized you don't like