View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
I say we pick a title order from the results here and extend it to other CV albums. (that'd mean adding/keeping fan translations to other albums when needed if "nocturne in the moonlight" is chosen here).
Or it means we will end up giving up a standardized way to sort out Castlevania consistently, and have to discuss each album in a case-by-case basis (but isn't it actually the way we now do?) unless we have rather a complicated rule. For instance, even if we basically decide to place the Western name to the alternate title, I assume not a few people would oppose to the idea that the display title of this album should be Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, rather than plain Castlevania. I don't think Western names are always the best choices since there are some confusing cases (e.g. FFVI in Japan -> FFIII in US), but I went with Symphony of the Night because I didn't know Nocturne in the Moonlight was so popular among fans and I thought this album was best known as SotN, not NitM. As such, I still guess casual visitors who may or may not know how the game is originally called in Japan would prefer it's displayed as Symphony of the Night on the search result page, so my preference is to use the localized name if available.

Last edited by Cedille; Mar 28, 2010 at 05:12 AM.