View Single Post
Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicider View Post
What a materialistic point of view. If buying an album is the ultimate tribute to you, then I don't know. Shouldn't it be about loving the music first? Anyway, I don't understand your point. I also like the music very much, but the front cover artwork is mediocre at best and doesn't fit the series very well.
It's not a tribute to us, actually we want something from the composer. It's the wrong direction. Nakamura released it because he saw a chance for earning some money and not because he likes us that much. If he really wanted to release the OST, well, he could have done it many years ago. What you people do is just stealing music and ranting. This music is not for free and will never be. And please, don't come me with Sonic Retro Rips or similiar versions because these were not official releases until now. This is the real deal. If you really want it then buy it. There's nothing between the lines.

Do you know why you can't understand it? Because we know that these tracks are the money worth. We don't download for the sake of having it, no, we buy it, because we're collectors. If you still insist to discuss about a silly artwork, it's fine by me, but it's just swallow to me. You're not collectors, just merely downloaders. This is VGMdb after all and not a DC++ Hub or Share Portal. We're not NeoGAF, FFShrine or anything else, VGMdb is about collecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenofan 29A View Post
I'm not going to comment on the rest of the discussion here, but I would like to add that there are several reasons why this statement is misleading and possibly incorrect.

First, in this particular case, as in several others, the album is self-published. In such cases, some of the money will make its way back to the artist (after cuts are taken out for the distributor and retailer). This supports the artist.

Second, even if no money paid for the album ever makes it into the artist's hands, as in most cases of music published by major labels, by purchasing a copy of the album you have given the publisher a bit more of a reason to publish more of the artist's work in the future, which would provide more money to the artist. This is also support.

Finally, by paying money for an artist's work you are showing him or her that it has value to you. Whether or not they receive any financial compensation, it is worthwhile to encourage people whose work you admire. I think that you would agree that this too is a form of support, perhaps the most important one.
This.