View Single Post
Old Aug 3, 2015, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
It's actually on the obi: http://vgmdb.net/db/covers.php?do=view&cover=41439

It's not like we're trying to preserve the sanctity of the translation or anything -- after all this same album gave us "Secret of Forest" -- but it is a valid alternate title.
So Obi strips now count as official track lists for a CD? More like an advertisement for the tracks loosely covered on the disc, am I right? The tracklist appears nowhere on the actual CD or pamphlet, obi aside. To me that signifies that the publication does not consider the Japanese tracks as relevant, except in advertising the game to the Japanese audience.
And since there are multiple tracks with a sparsely worded/crude translation of their original name on the CD, wouldn't it be safe to assume that they are not to rationally be taken as literal translation of the track names, but rather official titles for the arrangements that appear only on this release??

The CD Brink of Time is not the original soundtrack for Chrono Trigger.
Thusly, does it really follow to use a translation only seen on a characteristically sparsely translated tracklist for a poorly received arrangement CD, rather than the 'real' official translation of the original title - to which SQEX"s title almost certain harkens back?

For instance will WARLOCK BATTLE now be an alternative title for 'showdown with magus'? And 'SECRET OF FOREST' an official claim for "Secret of the Forest' ?

How would you guys feel if the new Chrono arrange album was titled "魔王決戦" / "Showdown with Magus" but we accepted the official translation "WARLOCK BATTLE" because of this same phenomenon? I find it puzzling that this phraseology about the 'outskirts' has persisted so long and I don't quite understand why it hasn't been corrected.

Last edited by VyseLegend; Aug 3, 2015 at 04:36 AM.