View Single Post
Old May 21, 2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaro Sato View Post
Thank you everyone for suggestions here and sending me or the label e-mails so far. Please keep them coming!
Well, I have to at least register my vote for Vandal Hearts 1 & 2. These were composed by an already highly skilled orchestrator. They're basically "orchestra-ready" (in VH1's case, wind ensemble-ready), and very dense, color-rich scores. Probably in the "a bit difficult" category sadly. And no one really cares about the games, least of all their developer.

Some others that I think would translate naturally to a live orchestra:
  • Any of Michiru Yamane's Castlevania scores with an obvious preference for Symphony of the Night
  • Actraiser 2 and Story of Thor 2--both strongly rooted in Romantic era music
  • SaGa Frontier II
  • Any of Tenpei Sato's scores, especially Rhapsody and Phantom Brave
  • Dragon Force II
  • Front Mission 2
  • Naoshi Mizuta's Final Fantasy scores (FF Gaiden, FF Dimensions 1 & 2, FFXI + all expansions) have ample material that is ripe in color and lyrical melody ideal for an orchestra
  • Any of Saori Kobayashi's scores (Panzer Dragoon would be challenging but fun, Hoshigami Remix/Hototogisu Ran are already orchestral but unknown, all the rest would translate effectively to orchestra)
  • Arcana (I wish...)
  • Magic Knight Rayearth (Saturn)
  • Shining Force 1 and 2 (for the latter, just ask Takenouchi for his MIDI score and print it out )
  • Tengai Makyō Zero and IV

Thank you for reaching out to us.