View Single Post
Old Dec 8, 2009, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Cabbage View Post
Bud, you're obviously missing on the sarcasm of that post. Since you're new around MM, "olol" pretty much means "This post is tongue and cheek." Other than that, the whole point is that you *can't give negative stars*. You think I'm a big enough ass to seriously ask that in a thread which you, a fellow competitor, posted in before me?

The post was 100% tongue in cheek, as I have been in the whole thread. I have even told my friends that have seriously suggested to me sabotaging my competitors that I did not want to endorse that act.

Other than that, I don't see how advertising to friends is against the rules. It helps the site get traffic, which is the point of the contest, I assume, and on top of that, I was not the first to pimp my song to others. I wasn't the one who made it a popularity contest to begin with.

Basically, what I'm saying is to grow a sense of humor.

Edit: Oh yeah. And by "rate my song perfect," you mean my quote "Give me a bajillion stars!" How dense can you be?

Not to be belligerent, Kidd, but you if you were more couth in some of your posts then maybe WarpToken wouldn't have felt threatened by your post at MM. Even suggesting that people on that forum vote others down might prompt them to do so even if the statement was made in jest, and the fact that you have over 2000 posts increases the perception that a number of people there know you and would do such a thing. While I myself wouldn't have perceived your post on MM as threatening as WarpToken did at first glance, I do think that he is justified to be concerned.

And, this really doesn't have anything to do with "growing a sense of humor", nor does the contest have to do so much with traffic that gets on, rates their friends, and goes off as it does with traffic who will get on, stay, vote for everyone, and then participate even after the contest is over (not to mention objectively commenting on our music to help us improve).