View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2009, 09:07 AM

Jodo Kast I completely agree with the fact that many times the best part about video game music is that it can be extremely relaxing. The same thing can be said for well done anime soundtracks and movie soundtracks. It is something that is largely ignored in other genres of music.

While oftentimes I agree with the argument that listening to the music in proper context makes it easier to enjoy I also find that in many cases, the only reason I like an anime is because I also really enjoy the music and how it shapes the events on screen. Thus something that otherwise lacks emotional effect is made more powerful through the type of music.

I highly doubt game music will ever become mainstream for the main reason that, just like a large group of people have a hard time appreciating classical music, a lot of people find game music to simply be background music not suited for normal listening. Although that is the exact reason I enjoy it so much. I have to have music while I do any work around the house or study and having music that not only keeps me relaxed but is easy to keep in the background is just what I need.