View Single Post
Old Mar 3, 2019, 03:22 PM

Default All The Rage - The Expanded Soundtrack from Primal Rage the Arcade Game

Am I the only one that finds this CD to be somewhat of an oddity? I want to pick a copy of this up next payday, but at the same time I can't help but feel "All The Rage" is essentially Primal Rage's version of Killer Instinct Killer Cuts. The main difference here is the level of exposure. With Killer Cuts being included with most copies of the SNES game, the music on that CD had a much better chance of being remembered despite its somewhat cheesy nature - and yes, I love the cheese of Killer Cuts.

However, All The Rage didn't really have that opportunity as far as I know, so I just can't get away with the same things. Unfortunate, but at it's core I still think there is something of worth to be found in Primal Rage as a game, and I don't think it's the game-play. I had the SNES game growing up and I can't believe I considered it passable at the time; it hasn't aged particularly well. But like other games like the earlier Mortal Kombats, I'm still drawn to the characters, lore and music. Now, don't get me wrong, the Mortal Kombat games are better than Rage in most ways, but the SNES version of score is definitely one of the better aspects of the game.