View Single Post
Old Feb 4, 2017, 03:51 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrk506 View Post
Here's a kind of tough question. Has anyone tried to figure out a composer track breakdown for Castlevania: The Adventure, just based on discerning the composers' styles? I'm trying to figure out which tracks Kazuo Hanzawa probably composed, but it's harder to hear his style in this soundtrack (as opposed to the Genesis stuff he did). But so far, I'm thinking Evil Devil kind of sounds like him. Battle of the Holy sounds like Funauchi to me. What do you think? Which tracks sound most like Hanzawa?
Quote:
Originally Posted by strugglepoo View Post
Yeah, I've tried to see if I could pick him out of the tracks a few years ago with no luck either. Like you said, it's hard to hear his style here. I agree that "Battle of the Holy" sounds like Funauchi. "Evil Devil" does vaguely remind me of him. Perhaps he even played a small role only doing the small fanfares. *shrugs* Your guess is as good as mine!
"Evil Devil" is definitely NON, the weird melody in the first half and accompaniment panning between speakers every note scream him to me.

"Darkness" also sounds a bit like him to me, specifically the tumbling bits at 0:24. Someone I know said the chords sounded kinda NON to him too.

Nothing else really gives me a strong feeling.