View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:05 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I think that would complicate things more (though I said that recently about tracklist titles.
Well, if everyone can agree with the hierarchy you proposed, we shouldn't need it. I just think there is still some discord for some people. I personally feel things are fine just as you've proposed. And for the people who prefer the Original or Romanized titles, we have options for them.

All that is to be ironed out in the hierarchy now is how things like capitalization and title sourcing (from where we should take certain titles; e.g. publisher's site, obi, etc.) should be handled.

Small topic: When I changed the title for the Aria/Dawn of Sorrow OST, I had no idea that it actually had the Romanized title printed on the spine (thus again, making me contradict the point I initially made about the Circle of the Moon OST). In this case, would we list this title only under the Romanized title section rather than in the Alternate title section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
I agree with that too, because they are just fan translations.
I think my only support for fan translations over Romanizations is the fact that a large majority of our tracklists are handled this way (and thank God, too).

Last edited by Kaleb.G; Mar 1, 2010 at 08:10 PM.