View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2016, 04:09 AM

Sakuraba's comment:
"This Arrange album is about Arranged Battle themes so I have excluded all orchestral-style music.
Formed as an Instorock Band*, I have excluded every Computer sound that's why I have recorded and played live Drum, Bass, Guitar, Organ and Piano.
Because I wanted to work with time, in my pace... I did some recording at my house. I can't play Bass and Guitar so I asked to professional to play it.
I have played myself Live Piano, Harmond Organ and Live Drum and I have recorded and played with my own hands some Synth and Sampler phrases too. In just 1 place I wanted to put an accurate and fast Arpeggio so I used an Arpeggiator of an Analog Synth.

In this era I think the people will say, so why?
The sound quality of Sampled sounds has improved a lot and people will not tell the difference. But with this Album I want the people to feel Rock's wild and the heat of live playing.
The music I created time ago wasn't made with live playing in mind, and live playing was hard. Specially the Drum was very hard. I'm not a drumer, I have learned how to play it by myself, and my muscles and legs campred, it was hard.

There are times where there are high-speed kick drum but I can't do it by myself so I have edited to keep it. Even if it is edited I think it is better than the programmed beat (midi).
The hard part of the organ was "Tangency", of course time ago was programmed (midi) and there were some phrases where I ignored playing with the hands, thanks to a lot of practice the record was as I wished.

"The true nature of all" too, I have practiced a lot the harpsichord and synth phrases and the record was as I whised.

I have played a lot of times "Mikakunin Jintou Syndrome", "Confidence in Domination", "The Incarnation of Evil" on live so there wasn't problems with the keyboard, the very hard part was the drum.

Basically I made a good tempo, wild arranged but "Never Surrender" is a balad-style arrange. Even if it is a Balad it has an irregular musical time.
"Dynamite" is different from the original version, this time I put an oppressive feel. I set and Octaver to the Bass, and it has less than 1 octave.
"KA.MI.KA.ZE" too has changed compared to the original, I set a Middle Tempo.
"Mighty Blow + Shiver", originally it was a different song, when I played both, were very similar. When joined both it has a good feel.
The rythm of the middle was a bit hard.
I tried to don't break the original feel of "Stab the Sword of Justice", "For Achieve" and "An illusion of the Brainstem".

Every song was hard and Volume is big, I hope you enjoy the it."

*Instorock Band is a Rock band without vocals.

Last edited by Eriksharp; Jun 11, 2016 at 04:11 AM.