View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2018, 05:53 AM

This is unbelievable; I'm so glad I stumbled upon this great thread.
Just registered to say a huge THANK YOU to everybody who's contributed. And also this:

TEKKEN 3 (Arcade)
  • "DRIVER 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Character Select"
  • "BIG RIFF 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Paul Phoenix"
  • "CREAM MUFF 3" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "King"
  • "INDIWAH 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Lei Wulong"
  • "Track 1" (sixth sample) from "Zero-G Datafile 1" was used in "Lei Wulong" (the breakbeat starting at 0:42)
  • "137 Round 1-D" from "Zero-G Funk Bass" was used in "Hidden Character" (the ubiquitous bass riff - also used in the Julia Chang PSX theme)

TEKKEN 3 (PlayStation)
  • "SLINKIN 1" and "SLINKIN 2" (in the Rare Groove folder) from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" were used in "Eddie Gordo"
  • "INDIWAH 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Lei Wulong"
  • "ITCHIN 5", "ITCHIN 6" and "ITCHIN 3" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" were used in "Hwoarang" (intro riff)
  • "ITCHIN 8", "ITCHIN 9" and "ITCHIN 10" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" were used in "Hwoarang" (main riff)
  • "ITCH LICK 7" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Hwoarang" (guitar solo lick)
  • "ITCHIN 7" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" were used in "Hwoarang" (breakdown riff)
  • "137 Round 1-D" from "Zero-G Funk Bass" was used in "Julia Chang"
  • "BIG RIFF 1" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "Paul Phoenix"
  • "CREAM MUFF 3" from "Zero-G Funk Guitar" was used in "King"
  • "Track 17" (fifth sample) from "JJ Jeczalik's Art of Sampling" was used in "Kuma/Panda"

MediEvil 2
  • "Into the Abyss" from "Smashtrax Orchestral Trailer Themes Collection Vol. 2" was used in "Wulfrum Hall"

some side notes:
I have asked Bob and Barn (via Facebook) about the MediEvil soundtracks, and they shared some interesting info: the main sample libraries used are “Sound Ideas - Symphonic Adventures” and the Peter Siedlaczek ones (such as Advanced Orchestra). All the other sounds come from a Roland JV1080 and a Kurzweil K2500.

other stuff I found out:
- the skeleton laugh from MediEvil's main menu also appears here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNSYewCz40M (at the start) and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=led3nV7uw70 (1:16)
- the Super Adventure Club South Park episode features the "Demon" orchestral arrangement from MediEvil 2 and the Kujara sound from Tomba 2

Last edited by Mike Dawson; Feb 27, 2019 at 09:11 AM.