View Single Post
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:23 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
- IMO products have big 'soft-requeriments' that should be lowered. Release dates, moby/ocr-links, etc. I'd have bare entries + albums links, and encourage other users to fill the product over time (plenty of English info out there, hard to screw up, not our priority anyway).
There are some minor franchises I'd like to add but having to hunt and double check exact release days, logos and whatnot for stuff very few care is just too much. Even worse with old games with tons of releases. You could say "oh but it's just a few of minutes" but it adds up to hours...
Sorry if I sound negative, nobody take it personally. I do like products and appreciate the hard work.
I do understand. It is time-consuming, which is partially why I haven't submitted many entries either. Maybe we could talk about relaxing some of those, or trying to automate some of the steps.

Quote:
Platforms for anime please: series, OVA, movie.
We've been talking about the platform field going away once an album is linkd to products. Still, this would be easy to add, and probably wouldn't hurt anything.

Quote:
Product page: album filters, even cheapo JS "clic and hide" stuff, would be appreciated (orange noooo).
This is coming.

Quote:
For the products list I prefer linear rather than comma-separated list (looks bad). Some simple abbreviations +tooltips could work well.
I'm glad someone else agrees. I just experimented with breaking out the product field line by line as you suggested. Go ahead and check out some albums, and see if there's anything you don't like about it. We might need to shorten some of the other stuff up top (the add to wishlist/collection area seems like it could be packed more efficiently.)

Quote:
Searching with the quickbox, you skip the "search results" page of only one match was found. Now many product and album's names will be shared you won't be able to do that.
What about adding some prefix searches like "a=final fantasy viii", "p=tales phantasia" to limit the queries to album/products and so on? (this would be useful in general too)
I don't have an opinion on this, as I don't think I would use it (especially with the advanced search panel just one click away.)