View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2013, 11:42 AM

Well I am looking to buy an NEC PC-8801 and make tunes with that limitation Koshiro experienced coming up in the music scene. This MML stuff looks quite challenging. Gotta familiarize myself with it more and get to purchasing an NEC PC-8801 for hands-on experience.

Ultimately I would like to be make modded gear that triggers the individual notes from the YM2608 soundchip (not a sample of its sound) and connect it to a hardware sequencer (no Cubase).

Quote:
The reason I can't use an 88 nowadays to create songs... There's no way to buy floppy discs anymore. So that's a huge risk. If the PC freezes or if I lose the data in some other way, there's no way I can back up my work. Nowadays you can find them at auction, but it's still super expensive. That's why I can't use the 88 exclusively anymore.
I've had this paranoia when backing up cds to an external harddrive. But now I don't think it's that realistic a fear. Has Koshiro ever lost a game's soundtrack before due to this? I don't agree that it's too expensive. How much money do VGM companies spend on funding their artists? I learnt that Manabu Namiki went out and bought trance music to learn that sound Cave wanted in Espgaluda2; Was that out of his own pocket?

Last edited by Vert1; Sep 8, 2013 at 11:52 AM.