View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuzo Koshiro
Next, on Sorcerian... That was a challenging title for me. There are 60 tracks in the game, and I composed 39 of them. By that time, I'd already gotten used to programming, so I was at a point where I wanted to create as big a variety of songs as possible. I tried making classical music, jazzy music, pop music... And I was using FM sound sources. My motivation there was to make as many kinds of music as possible, so I was creating as many sound sources as possible. I created 50 to 60 tracks without even slowing down. I just loved making tracks, one after another. So I had easily 50 or 60 tracks of my own, but other people were working on the project as well, so they picked out 39 of mine, and then they used other people's work for the rest of the soundtrack. That was when I was enjoying making game music the most.
Interesting. I wonder if Falcom actually used those unused Sorcerian tracks in other Falcom games or on Sorcerian Additional Scenarios (composed by Mieko Ishikawa). They already did stuff like this with tracks like Battleground or Fair Wind in Ys I and II re-releases.