View Single Post
Old May 28, 2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalo View Post
The main game's tracks featured in this release (1-10) are all brand new arrangements so in that case we should not credit any arrangers.
And there are indeed some mistakes even if we consider the original game's credits (Shimomura and Narita weren't involved with composition and/or arrangement for track 9 in the original game).

The only thing we can say for now would be the following :

EDIT : I edited album info with what I said
Agreed that no arrangers should be credited yet.

However, we do know from an interview with Tetsuya Takahashi that no cut-scene BGM has been re-done, with the sole exception of Engage the Enemy:
Quote:
Next, how only some of the music tracks in the game are new recordings is pointed out, and Takahashi is asked how they chose said tracks. He says that as a remaster, there were limitations on how much they could do, and this also applied to the music, meaning they could not have an orchestra perform new recordings for every track in the game.

Thus, they ranked the tracks by priority, and did new orchestral recordings for high-priority field and battle tracks, while using other methods such as remixing or using new digital files to improve others. Takahashi also says that the compression rate for music tracks is lower than that of Xenoblade 2’s, resulting in improved sound quality.

As tracks for cutscenes were made to match said cutscenes, modifying them would result them in having to edit the cutscenes as well, and so they used the original versions. However, Engage the Enemy alone is a new recording due to its popularity and how no editing would be required.
source

I'm interested to know who got to compose the new field music for Bionis' Shoulder and whatever else the new scenario required. It's clear from the disc titles that someone arranged Shimomura's main battle theme into a new one for the new field (for all we know it could have been Shimomura herself).