View Single Post
Old Oct 10, 2015, 12:22 PM

Thanks to Dag's link to the Kirby Wiki page, as well as a page I found for sound tests on TVTropes, I've been able to update this list fairly extensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
Wave Race 64 does, if I'm not mistaken. Sound tests aren't really common in Nintendo games, unfortunately. In fact, all of those games you've listed are developed by HAL, Rare, Intelligent, Hudson, Retro etc... no Nintendo games ;p
For the purposes of this thread, I'm classifying "published by Nintendo" (i.e. not third party) as first party and thus Nintendo games.

But yeah, it is a shame that when you look at Nintendo's flagship franchises--Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, and apparently Pokemon--sound tests are almost unheard-of in such games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Btw I think you should add a note when the sound test includes names (ex. Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby Mass Attack) and is it's known to be incomplete.
Right now, my only goal is to compile a list of games with some sort of sound test, no matter how incomplete, untitled, or badly implemented they may be. (I'm also restricting this list to games that have had a Western release, hence why I've left out some Japan-only Fire Emblem titles.) In the future, I may separate these out into separate lists based on which ones have track titles, varying degrees of completeness, etc. For now I'm just trying to keep track of those that have anything music-related in-game.