View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb.G View Post
The only concern I have with this is that I was using the URL field on many albums to link directly to the page of the album on the publisher's site. For example, this album was linked to this page. I don't know if you want to discontinue this practice or provide another way of doing this.
I liked being able to link directly to official pages for the albums, especially for digital albums being the bread and butter of what I add. They need to be right on the album page. Providing only a general publisher link unintentionally undermines attempts to spread the word on any albums in question. Most people need to be pointed straight to the goods. If you don't do that, you lose out on a potential sale or download.

The need for a generalized linking to a publisher website is only necessary on a publisher's specific page, similar to the artists' pages. The previous system, allowing direct links to official album pages when possible, is the better route, and needs to be kept available in some form.

Last edited by Liontamer; Jan 15, 2008 at 10:27 PM.