View Single Post
Old May 18, 2010, 02:40 AM

I kind of don't understand the argument against adding different content other than a purist notion (no offense to anyone). I mean, no matter how much of anything else is added, this is still the #1 video game music database site. It still lives up to its name. But with more content added it only offers things for other people too. This is probably a silly analogy but I picture someone walking into a candy store (labeled as such, "CANDY STORE" across the top of the shop), seeing a section of toys for sale, and then complaining to the owner that there shouldn't be toys for sale because the name is CANDY STORE. Very possibly, some people in a candy store have kids / are shopping for a sweet treat for their kids and kids like toys too. Everyone? No, of course not. But plenty of people.

It's sort of what I see here, people see "VGMdb" so when they see anime being added they complain to the site owner that anime shouldn't be catalogued because they personally are coming here for VGM. But like the candy store analogy, many people who like VGM like anime music too. Insisting on a different site is caring about something that only matters in your head really, because all the information will still be here on the internet, and the same people will be updating and maintaining it, in the same fashion, with the same standard of quality.

Anyway that's just what I think, and I'm looking forward to shaping a collection of anime music here too. I think this is a great initiative.