View Single Post
Old May 22, 2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Can you explain this one further? I'm not seeing how Drossin composing that track confirms he didn't compose Sky Sanctuary.
Just as Sonic and Knuckles Theme and Knucklemania reflect the "new main theme" and "Knuckles theme" Drossin said he did, tracks like City in the Clouds and Sandopolis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcstDC-ucAU) reflect that which he did not do. If he did do the original compositions for Sandopolis or Sky Sanctuary, he surely would have used them. But he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
That page is just a collection of music samples; he doesn't say anywhere that it's a complete list of his compositions. For example, he includes four pieces from Seima Densetsu 3x3 Eyes, but he doesn't include two others confirmed to be his by TIM-SMD01.

Also, he includes tracks that he definitely didn't compose, like OLGA BREEZE from Darius II.

It doesn't follow from that page that the special stage theme was his only contribution to Sonic 3.
I take the fact that he included more than one track from 3X3 Eyes to be representative of what he's done. His interview with LOst also shows that his contributions were limited, (and Sky Sanctuary shouldn't be a problem to mention; it's been rearranged three times, after all).

I understand this logic can also be used against me for S3 Title and Angel Island Zone Act 1, but unlike those I don't detect a general match in sound; that's why I included the Daytona USA example. Instead I believe in a dropped credit name due to departure (just as it happened with Naoaki Iwami and Toru Osada). Only Nagao and Uwabo can be hidden, as the rest remained at that time and thus would have been credited normally.