View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2021, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
Are you perhaps trying to quote an old post I made, without reading the currently published post? (My quote inside your post is the current version of my post.) MusicScope generates reports for each file in a playlist, like this, which have nothing to do with "determining" whether a song is lossless or not:

However, as you said, this text report doesn't do a good job of representing files with the random spikes like you gave an example of. There is actually an option to generate an image alongside the txt file.
Oh yep, I read your post from the email notification which is where you mentioned Lossless Audio Checker. Didn't realize you completely removed that from your post haha.

But yeah, the software you found still doesn't do a good/intuitive job of determining audio quality. An image is worth a thousand words, as they say. Spek.exe, Adobe Audition, SoX, etc. can produce spectrals, and are used for vetting the audio quality of files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yindesu View Post
Twilight Princess HD came from Tablier Communications / MTC Mastaring. I was led to believe Nippon Columbia handles Zelda music with greater care.

Looking at my numbers, it seems that the majority of Takeshi Hama's tracks have low cutoffs, and the majority of Mahito Yokota's tracks have higher frequencies.
That's good to hear! I'm currently on the second disc and so far so good, aside from the obvious 16kHz cutoff tracks that is. Though I would probably be more likely to notice added effects like reverb when comparing back to back with the gamerip, which I haven't done yet. Perhaps on a second listen through.

That said though, despite over half the ost being actual CD quality, I'd still be very deceived and would demand my money back. For a set as expensive as this, I'd expect it to be full CD quality. Especially given that it's taken 10 whole years to come out. The tracks that are CD quality are top notch, don't get me wrong, but 83 tracks being cutoff is just... Ouch. :/

Last edited by sonicrings4; Dec 3, 2021 at 10:18 PM.