View Single Post
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBMNintendoGamer View Post
Where do those credits come from? I honestly feel that pretty much all of those tracks are Minegishi's (based on instrumentation / style / leitmotifs shared with other songs / etc.), although Snowboarding and Iza's Rapid Ride might be indeed Ohta due to how different they sound (and of course Zelda's Theme is hers as well as confirmed by the Sound Selection). Some of those boss battle themes in particular feel too much "important" for them not to be handled by the main composer. But again, this is just my opinion.
I don't know where the credits came from to be honest. Maybe a wikipedia or so (I know they aren't always reliable sources).

But yeah, those credits aren't so far-fetched I think. I mean, Twilight Princess was obviously Minegishi's baby to handle in terms of lead composing, so it would be only natural to give at least some tracks to his co-composers, like some of the battle themes.
And as these are the first boss themes, they're not as intriguing and complex as the latter ones, so it may be correct that it was Hayazaki's job to handle the first ones. Probably Minegishi was busy handling the bulk of the soundtrack and focus on the
dramatic music and main themes, while leaving the earlier battle themes and more simple stuff to Hayazaki.

Middle Boss Battle #1 (against Ook), which has a very different sound than the rest of the battle music with its tribal / eastern vibe (reminds me a bit of Yoshino Aoki or Miki Higashino's works for Breath of Fire / Suikoden) to be honest.

Boss Battle #1 (First Half) sounds like a reference to past Zelda boss battle themes like for Ocarina of Time ("Dinosaur Boss Battle", "Boss Battle") or Majora's Mask ("Boss Battle") with its hard piano chords and string motifs.
It's like Minegishi told Hayazaki "compose the first boss theme to make it sound like this and this from this" so that Zelda fans are greeted by a familiar sound

Boss Battle #4 makes direct reference to "Dinosaur Boss Battle" from Ocarina of Time mixing into "Boss Battle #1", so another Kondo reference here (like she did back in Four Swords Adventures)

Boss Battle #1 (Second Half) mixes the Ook theme from "Middle Boss Battle #1" within so it makes sense, even if it sounds slightly more upgraded and more complex like Minegishi's work. Pretty hard to guess... maybe they teamed up for this?

Middle Boss Battle #4 is exactly like "Middle Boss Battle #1", it has very distinct different feeling like the rest, more eastern sounding, and overall softer.

Battle (Twilight) yeah why not? I mean didn't she say she composed music for Link and Midna? While not the battle theme for Twilight Realm? It's also pretty simple and could also be ordered by Minegishi to compose a piece with a electronic focus
(also the chords sound similar to "Middle Boss Battle #4") and overall it's another piece which sticks out from the rest

All in all are all battle themes attributed to Hayazaki more softer and elegant sounding than Minegishi's. Hard to describe... maybe I sense a kind of feminism hahaha

Tutorial is simple enough and also features this kind of elegant and soft composition which reminds me again of Aoki or Higashino (especially the flute)

Snowboarding should be clear. I think lots of people stated that it definitely sound like her work.

Goat Herding sticks out like "Middle Boss Battle #1". The use of pan flute could indicate for Minegishi first, but I think it's Hayazaki's work

Agitha's Caste & Iza's Rapid Ride see "Tutorial"

Fish On! another Kondo reference ("Battle" from Ocarina of Time)

Fish Catch and Mini Game Victory would fit into the category of her contributions and would make sense, altho they're pretty short to make further decisions

Last edited by Mac_Tear; Sep 21, 2019 at 03:30 AM.